QuadDE Filter Cartridges: Needs V or U shaped spacers between each pleat

Parabolic

In The Industry
Apr 15, 2018
Newport/California
I would like to recommend to Pentair that they redesign the cartridges that they put in the QuadDE filters.

I have over 20 fairly new QuadDE filters on my pool route. What I am finding is that the rings they use to hold the pleats apart are not even lasting the first year. And within a couple years most fail. Seems they attach each ring with some sort of adhesive to the outer tip of the pleat. Within a year these rings start to fail and the adhesive or glue they use fails causing the pleat to collapse together and therefore restrict the flow where they collapse together.

This happens with traditional cartridges as well. But the issue with the QuadDE, when a pleat ring fails the DE completely blocks the area where they collapse together.

How about designing a ring that has a V or U shapes that go in between each pleat to actually hold them apart physically?

I do prefer this design of filter, over the grid type, as it makes cleaning the filter easier but the actual cartridge should be designed to last longer and operate correctly.

P,

While that is a great idea, I think you are under the mistaken notion that Pentair even reads this forum... :p

I know that we have a Hayward guy that pops in every now and again, but I have yet to see anyone directly related to Pentair...

I know some of our members with Pentair Quad filters, no longer backwash at all.. They just break down the filter and clean it once or twice a year.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.