PVC T Size

I am getting ready to plumb in a new heat pump and was going to add a tee in the return in case I decide later on to go with a stenner pump for acid injection. What size threaded tee would I need for the injection port to screw in to? Also, if I read the Stenner instructions correct, they say it is best to inject from the bottom if the pipe? Thanks again TFP for all your help!

Feeding from under could provide a measure of protection from things being dropped on the fitting, as Richard said I don't think it matters much. If you do feed from the bottom make sure you have plenty of clearance, the injection fitting is about 6" and you need some bend radius for the line so I would say you want at least a 12" to be safe

Thanks guys, I went ahead and picked up the 1/2" anyway. I don't have a stenner manual, I was reading the install instructions online from a Hayward Cat 1000 with the Stenner acid injection and they say it is best to feed from the bottom something about the flow sensor or valve. I don't have that yet either, just thinking I might want it down the road and put the tee in now since I have to plumb the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.