PVC fitting on side of pool deck

iamvaughn

Feb 29, 2020
Mesa AZ
Howdy all. New post, but a lurker/learner for awhile.

Could swear I've seen what this fitting is for but can't find the answer on the forum now.

Its above the vacuum port (not sure that matters). I thought it was maybe a vent for the return line or vac line? Then thought maybe an aerator port, but there is no aerator control that I can find. The water coming out is a slow but steady drip when the pump is running.

Would like to replace whatever is missing to keep it from deteriorating any more of the pool deck. Even if its just supposed to be a pvc elbow?

Any insight is gladly appreciated! Thanks for the great forum!
VaughnIMG-3548.JPG

Look for a valve, maybe a sprinkler valve near the equipment pad, or under any of your hose bibs. It could be your water filler. Though that wouldn't explain why it drips when the pump is on.

Are there any valves at the pad that control a PVC line of the same size? Maybe post a few pictures of your pad.

Or it could be a water feature (but that would run to a valve at the pad).

Is it centered in the pool?

You could extend it a bit, for now, until you figure it out, so it won't drip down the concrete. A 1/2" (or 3/4") sprinkler riser would probably fit. Cut to length:

Anywho, others will be along that might recognize it. Welcome to TFP!

Reactions: iamvaughn
If it drips when the pump is on, it is obviously connected to pressure which means it has a leaky valve somewhere.

If you don't care about it's function, simply screw in a male threaded plug (with pipe dope) and your done.

If you need to investigate further, find the valve that is controlling it.

Thanks for the insight all. I went back to the equipment pad, and realized the valve controlling the return to the pool from the filter controls this, and it indeed for an aerator. I tested it buy opening it and good pressure came out of the pipe. Looks like the valve may be need to be checked to stop the leaking, will research that more on the site. Thanks again!

Reactions: mknauss
If the valve is a PVC ball valve, those are very prone to failure and are not recommended for use on a pool pad. Or you can just replace it whenever it goes bad. Glad you figured it out.

Blue handle, black, red... all junk:

shopping.png

Jandy valves are great. They can be rebuilt. If yours needs that, you need the size and can go to InyoPools for the repair kit.

Oh, yah, Jandy is the right tool for the job. They're specifically made to do what they're doing on your pad. No worries about the learning curve. TFP is all about flattening that curve!! Ask away, anytime...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.