Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I'm about to start piping my new inground pool with 2" PVC pressurized and I am on the fence as to which elbows I should be using. I have a box of Lasco 2" sweep but have some concerns about those being under ground and potential cracking compared to the 90 degree elbows. It just seems like the 90 elbow seems less prone to cracking or leaks? Am I'm over thinking this?

1656041881445.png vs 1656041971270.png

HEY!!! Welcome to TFP!!!

The elbow on the right is a Drain and Waste elbow, not appropriate for pressure fittings. You are not over thinking things, use the elbows on the left, they are schedule 40 pressure rated.

I think the sweep on the right can be schedule 40…

Does not really make a difference if they are properly glued and trenched.

HEY!!! Welcome to TFP!!!

The elbow on the right is a Drain and Waste elbow, not appropriate for pressure fittings. You are not over thinking things, use the elbows on the left, they are schedule 40 pressure rat
HEY!!! Welcome to TFP!!!

The elbow on the right is a Drain and Waste elbow, not appropriate for pressure fittings. You are not over thinking things, use the elbows on the left, they are schedule 40 pressure rated.
Actually both are pressured rated Lasco parts. Majority of the pictures you see are setups with the left. However then there is this other side that discusses using sweeps. Can be very confusing.

The sweeps should be just as strong.

I would use the sweeps.
Learn something new every day. Thanks guys!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.