Putting winter cover on AGP

tomliv

Jun 7, 2020
MA
It's that time of year to close the pool. For the last couple years, my wife and I have put on the solid winter cover by folding the 19' x 34' cover in half so that it is 10' x 34,' holding it at opposite ends and taking a 20 ft running start to "fly" the cover up in the air and onto half of the pool. Then we would use pre-attached ropes to pull the rest of the cover over the pool.

It's pretty comical to watch, and we want to try something easier this year that won't result in a lot of water on top of the cover. Any suggestions that work well for you?

Our pool is 15 x 30 and we use a large truck inner tube in the center under the cover. The inner tube is floated into place before the cover is put on.

It's that time of year to close the pool. For the last couple years, my wife and I have put on the solid winter cover by folding the 19' x 34' cover in half so that it is 10' x 34,' holding it at opposite ends and taking a 20 ft running start to "fly" the cover up in the air and onto half of the pool. Then we would use pre-attached ropes to pull the rest of the cover over the pool.

It's pretty comical to watch, and we want to try something easier this year that won't result in a lot of water on top of the cover. Any suggestions that work well for you?
I would love to see a video. :epds:
I have no suggestions since we put the cover on and get water on top.

Well, my wife and I closed the pool today. kplaster, your suggestion to use the inner tube to assist in moving the cover was great! We folded the cover almost in half lengthwise, folded the edge back to the center (so we only were working with 1/4 of the width of the cover) and then rolled up one side so that we could transport it and easily get it up on the rail and onto the tire. Then I unrolled it, and with my wife and I at opposite ends, we moved the tube and cover to the center. Then we unfolded the back part of the cover so that it hung over the rail and then used pre-attached ropes to pull the rest over to the other side. No water on top of the cover and very easy to do. The hardest part was figuring out how to pre-fold it.

kplaster, thanks again! I would have never thought to use the truck tire tube as an assistant.

Reactions: kplaster
Well, my wife and I closed the pool today. kplaster, your suggestion to use the inner tube to assist in moving the cover was great! We folded the cover almost in half lengthwise, folded the edge back to the center (so we only were working with 1/4 of the width of the cover) and then rolled up one side so that we could transport it and easily get it up on the rail and onto the tire. Then I unrolled it, and with my wife and I at opposite ends, we moved the tube and cover to the center. Then we unfolded the back part of the cover so that it hung over the rail and then used pre-attached ropes to pull the rest over to the other side. No water on top of the cover and very easy to do. The hardest part was figuring out how to pre-fold it.

kplaster, thanks again! I would have never thought to use the truck tire tube as an assistant.
Glad to hear it worked.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.