Putting AGP pump 25 feet away from skimmer - possible?

May 11, 2018
Dayton TN
When I installed my above ground pool I didn't put much thought into where I put the skimmer. Long story short, now that I am wiring it up correctly I find myself in a situation where the safest place (electrically) to put the pump is about 25 feet away from said skimmer - straight shot thankfully.

Is this something that I could feasibly do with the size pump and filter I have now? If so, what size pipe would I need to look at using?

1 Hayward Pump (60 GPM)
19in SD40 Sand Filter
MVIMG_20190407_184942 (1).jpg

Your pump will go 25’ fine.

What is the size output of the pump and size input of the skimmer? If all 2” then use 2”.

You going to be able to bury the PVC pipes?

We did that for our equipment several years ago and it works great. My husband used 1 1/2" gray electrical plastic conduit which is more UV resistant than other PVC and has bigger/wider bends for less resistance. We have 1 hp pump and it has great circulation. All pipes buried and located about 15ft away from the pool. The last pic is while I was standing next to the pool looking at the back corner of our lot.

Attachments

• DSCN0329.JPG
    DSCN0329.JPG
    597 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0332.JPG
    DSCN0332.JPG
    606.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0333.JPG
    DSCN0333.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.