Pureline PL7700

kenh

Apr 15, 2013
Does anyone have any experience with Pureline?? Installed the above unit the other day, and the amp reading on the diagnostic screen reads -4.64 amps, a negative number.

The actual number is within the range recommended by the manufacturer, but it is negative. The system says it producing, so Im not sure why its negative. I though the cell might reverse polarity for cleaning but its been that way for the last 2 days.

Any ideas?? Thanks

Ken,

I am not a Pureline guy, but I too believe that it should show + and - depending on the internal cleaning cycle.

Does the manual tell you how long the cleaning cycle is?

Let's see if we can get one of our Pureline users to chime in..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Move the switch to off and check all diagnostic readings. Move the switch to auto and recheck the readings. Move the switch to off for one minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.

Based on this video, it looks like that might be normal. It might change based on the polarity, which should reverse every 3 hours. It's similar to the Aquarite so most things are the same. It's an Inyo product, so they would be the one to say.

Last edited:
I've been running mine for over a month now without problems. During this time I have seen both positive and negative current values. i just checked my diagnostics and the current is at -5.4 amps, generator light is on and there are bubbles coming out of my returns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.