Pump won't prime - help please!

DiverGirl1972

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
May 11, 2018
Delta, PA
We're trying to get open and when my bf tries to prime the Sta-rite IntelliPro VS-SVRS pump, we are getting an alarm message to clear the drain. All plugs have been removed... Not sure what the issue is....Any ideas? I need to get this water circulating! Thanks in advance!
Pool alarm prime.JPGPool pad.JPG

I see two valves. The closest valve (open) is split before getting to the pump, the back one (valve mostly closed) comes out of the ground by itself. Can you confirm what those lines are for (skimmer, cleaner, drain, etc)? Hard to tell from the pic, did you fill the pump basket with water before attempting prime? Also, is the pool water level back-up to normal about halfway up the skimmer?

DG,

Glad you got it running... I have the useless SVRS option on my IntelliFlo, and have found that low water, when trying to prime, will often cause mine to go into the entrapment mode and shut the pump off. It will also shut off if I close the air relief valve on the filter too quickly... For my pump anyway, you have to push the reset button to clear the fault, otherwise it will try to prime several times and then shut off altogether.

I run my pump 24/7 for a number of reasons, but one of them is so that I don't have to prime everyday...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.