Glastonbury CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I was in a hurry last night to get everything cleaned up last night as thunderstorm rolled in after cleaning filter and forgot to close drain valve on filter. As I only have a skimmer and no main drain it drained to bottom of skimmer and then was running dry. On the positive side didn't drain all 13k gallons of water. Pump is currently off with basket out and refilling lost water, there was steam coming from basket area. Is the pump toast or let it cool down and it will be fine? Depending how long it took to drain to bottom of skimmer it was probably running around 24 hours

Is the pump toast or let it cool down and it will be fine?
You should know pretty quick. Once you fill it up with water and start the system, if the pump basket got warped from the heat you'll know it. Good luck!

Pump basket itself looks fine (slid in and out like normal). No other visual damage that I could see or feel. When i turned system on it primed fine but looks like it made a leak at connection to pvc output pipe.

Should I take pump apart to check for more damage?

Attachments

• 20200630_081020.jpg
    20200630_081020.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 8
Is it ok to run for short periods of time with the leak to keep water clean and mix bleach?
Sure. But watch it periodically to ensure it is not so weak from what happened before that it snaps or ruptures. Also be mindful about the water dripping over and around the motor as you don't want it doing it for so long that it develops rust.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.