Nordy-que

Apr 2, 2021
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
In the midst of a pool refinishing startup. Lots of things have changed since there are new drain covers, jets, etc. I’m getting air in the system periodically that I can generally solve by lubing the pump filter cover o-ring. Since I’ve been messing with it more over the last few days and playing with valve settings again, I noticed that if I turn off the skimmer completely, or even a little too far, I get a ton of air in the system and the pump will surge.
I’ve got a 3 way Jandy valve for the spa drain and jets, wondering if that would be the culprit, but don’t understand why I’m getting more air in if I only have the main drain inlet on and nothing else. Ideas appreciated!

Thanks - I haven’t had a pool for long so still learning. I assumed, incorrectly I guess, that diverting all the water to one inlet would provide enough flow.

Are you certainly the main drain was fully primed? It sounds like it might not be, when I open pools up east. One line gets fully primed before we open a valve to then start priming another, the instant you move that valve the pump will lose prime and surge until themain drain is fully primed.

I’m thinking now that I still have chunks of plaster and what the pool builder called cream in the drain line. I thought it had all broken loose but I had a basket full of the stuff again this morning.

Reactions: Pool_Medic

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.