Indio, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a Jandy Aqualink RS 6613/6614 control panel that is scheduled to come on HIGH speed for an hour, and then drop to LOW speed for the rest of the day.

Pump is a Pentair 2-speed 2hp

Since the last rain 4 days ago the pump is only working in LOW, even though the outdoor control panel and indoor wall display says that it's in HIGH.
There is no HIGH from service mode

I live in the desert, so it hardly ever rains. But when it does something always seems to get temporarily stuck. (HIGH only, LOW only, ON/OFF flakey...) It usually goes back to normal after a few days. The inside of the panel is not wet.

Sometimes in extreme humidity I have witnessed this also.

I'm no stranger to replacing the pump relay (Zodiac R0658100 3HP) in the past.
The pump capacitor was replaced 9/2019 Correct Capacitor Size?

Is there a way to test a relay in or out of the unit?
Why would these systems be so affected by weather?
Is there something else that I should be looking at as the cause?

So where do you think the problem is?

S,

I believe that to switch between low speed and high speed requires two relays.. The normal Pump/Filter relay which basically tells the pump to come on, and the 2-speed relay, that tells the pump to run at either the low speed or the high speed.

I suspect the the 2-speed relay is just not working.

That said, I have no clue how Jandy stuff works, so I could be all wet... :mrgreen:

Jandy may have a difference scheme, but somehow it has to switch power from the low speed input to the pump to the high speed input.

Edit.. You should have something like this... AquaLink RS Remote 2-Speed Motor Relay Kit.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.