Pump Stopping & Starting

SteveK52

Bronze Supporter
Mar 11, 2019
Taylors South Carolina
As I was walking by my pump yesterday, I noticed it had just stopped and a few seconds later it started back up again. I had noticed this once before about a year ago. I'm assuming this is happening more regulary than once a year as the only time I would notice is if I was right next to the unit. Any ideas? I'm not sure of a way to monitor this but if there is an issue with the pump or other item in the system I would like to catch it while it is under warranty.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 04-24-21 at 08.45 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 04-24-21 at 08.45 AM.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 04-24-21 at 08.43 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 04-24-21 at 08.43 AM.PNG
    25.3 KB · Views: 4
Steve,

Nothing obvious.. We have seen reports of mixing GPM and RPM causing issues, so I would change your high speed to GPM, just to make sure. (Actually, I'd change everything to RPM, as I can't think of any reason to run GPM, but that is just a personal thing.. :mrgreen: )

Do you ever start or stop the "Pool" mode manually by pushing the Pool icon off or by pushing the "F" button on the main panel?

As an example, when you want to turn on the spa, you just touch the spa icon.. You don't turn off pool and then turn on the spa.

Not sure this is your problem, but if you manually turn any circuit that is scheduled on or off, depending on when you do it, it can use the EasyTouch confused and it will skip the next cycle.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Steve,

Nothing obvious.. We have seen reports of mixing GPM and RPM causing issues, so I would change your high speed to GPM, just to make sure. (Actually, I'd change everything to RPM, as I can't think of any reason to run GPM, but that is just a personal thing.. :mrgreen: )

Do you ever start or stop the "Pool" mode manually by pushing the Pool icon off or by pushing the "F" button on the main panel?

As an example, when you want to turn on the spa, you just touch the spa icon.. You don't turn off pool and then turn on the spa.

Not sure this is your problem, but if you manually turn any circuit that is scheduled on or off, depending on when you do it, it can use the EasyTouch confused and it will skip the next cycle.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. No manual changes to the program yesterday and if I stop manually and restart it, normally it will mess up the schedule and just continue to run until the end of the next schedule, which it did not do yesterday.
Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.