Pump stopped working after heavy rain. Options?

Dtkokay

Dec 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
My two week old pool HAD crystal clear water until a thunderstorm tonight rolled through. It fill the pool to the top and the pump now won’t turn on. I tried resetting the breakers at the equipment pad, and everything works except the pump. The iAqualink is online and everything else works, except the pump.

I just checked, and my FC level is 4.0 and zero cc. My CYA is 40. The water is murky, and I’d like to add some liquid chlorine to prevent any algae growth. I‘d like to add enough to bring the FC to 7.0, but without a pump I have no way to mix it.

I was thinking of pouring it along the length of the pool and then brushing vigorously to try to mix it.

Does anyone have a better suggestion? Thanks - this is a real bummer.

Dang, your build thread was a fun one to watch. You should be fine adding the chlorine and brushing to mix it in. As it is a brand new pool, I would expect you will be calling the PB first thing in the morning?

Thanks for the sanity check. I added the liquid chlorine last night and mixed it around as best I could. My readings this morning were FC 8 and CC 0.5.

My PB has been responsive and is checking on whether they have the same pump in inventory. Fingers crossed...

Update: The PB sent a technician this morning, and turns out the pump is fine. There was some kind of miscommunication between the main control panel and the SWG control panel that apparently knocked the pump out. I don’t understand it, but the pump is running now and everything seems fine.

Fortunately, the CC stayed at zero almost the entire time the pump has been down. Now that the pump has been running for a few hours, the water is very slowly starting to clear up, and the filter pressure is a little higher (12 psi). I plan to clean the filter in a day or two once the water clears up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.