Pump slows down

Jun 26, 2018
Wapakoneta, OH
I recently completed the conversion from my previous pump to the Intex 28633EG Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter; the pump seems to be losing force as it continues to run. It primes several times sucking all of the water out of the skimmer and then just slowly pumps less and less as time goes on. I was having this problem at the close of the season last year but I hadn't completed the conversion with proper hoses/attachments and assumed that was the problem. I've cleaned out the pump of debris (didn't get pool closed soon enough last year and there was a lot of debris in the water), I've changed filters, put the old filter back in, tried running for 2 hours at a time instead of constantly and I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your time.

Welcome to the forum!
Is your water level high enough in your skimmer? The pump should never be able to clear the skimmer of water. Does the skimmer have a weir door? Be sure it is not stuck.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.