Pump screeching when cold

Apr 13, 2017
Little Elm Texas
So I have noticed since January that my pump screeches when the weather gets cold. My warranty is up in July so I called the pool builder. They scheduled a 3rd party to come out. I called the 3rd party to see when they were coming cause the pump has been running like this for two days now. They said they would come out next week as this is normal.
They are saying what you hear in the video below is normal. I am afraid they will come out next week and it may not be making the noise at the time they come. They will say normal no issues and leave. I am afraid there is something wrong. Again I only see this when it gets cold.
I sent them this video plus two others.
Normally the pump is super quiet.

I'm in little elm too. Mine is also whining. I'm running mine at 1550 RPM and it's been on for about 3 days straight and looking at over 7 total once this Crud blows thru. I'm quite worried about Sunday thru Tuesday. 3 to 6 inches of snow and a Monday high of 14 and a low of 1... Yes 1 degree. Advice from the collective would be great. Do we just hope and pray?

That’s definitely a weird sound. I’d keep a very close eye on things. We commonly get a week or so of 30° weather in March or early April up here in Ohio and it’s common for me to have already opened our pool when we’re seeing those temps. Never has our pump sounded like that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.