Pump Schedule during winter

What are you running the pump to do? Do you generate chlorine via a SWCG? Do you add liquid chlorine when needed? Do you need to skim the surface?

Once your water temperature gets to 50F, you only need to run the pump as much as you wish to skim the surface and to mix in your chlorine when you add it.

Reactions: KJB1
Actually I don’t really know why I’m running my pump. The people who built the pool suggested I keep it running continuously so I’ve just been doing that but I’m beginning to question many things they recommended I do. We apply chlorine directly into the pool as our puck canister no longer works.

• Love
Reactions: Leebo

So in the winter, you may be able to run the pump for just a few hours a day, or even less, like every few days, to mix in your chlorine. Depending on your need to skim the surface.

I’m curious how long people without SWCG run their pumps this time of year.

I’ve been doing 4 hours at 1800 rpm but will begin to decrease that and see how the pool still looks. I still need to run the robot once every day or two to get light debris and dirt out of pool that the filters don’t get.

Reactions: KJB1 and mnmpizza
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.