Pump running on its own

Oct 26, 2016
Houston
Last night i replaced the seal on my filter pump(Pentair Intelliflo pump, that the previous owner relaced the motor with a century 2HP) because i was leaking alot water from the pump, Now i think that i might have to replace the gasket seal plate.

My issue is that after getting it all back together last night that the pump is not responding to the control center(Pentair I9+3). When i flip the breaker for the pump motor it just runs, then i go to control it via the control center and nothing happens.

One thing to note is that after i had put the pump back together and rewired it back the way it was before at the motor access panel. When i went to flip the breaker i heard a loud pop from the motor, and the breaker tripped. I reset the breaker and flipped it back on and it started right up.

Thanks in advance!:)

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Your very first post here has been sitting in the que waiting to be answered for a few days, but it looks like no one with that same type of system has replied yet. I wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. Perhaps you have resolved your issue by now, but if not, please feel free to reply to this thread for help. Hopefully this :bump: will help get your post more visible again. Good luck, and nice to have you with us.

Just so I understand you correctly.......

The pump used to be a VS pump that a single speed motor of 2HP was replaced? If this is correct please note that VS pumps on Pentair ystems are wired to the breaker not the relay. If your VS pump is no longer a VS but a single speed 2HP you need to re-wire at the relay from terminals 1 and 3 to 2 and 4. That should fix your issue.

Edit: Just follow the conduit from the pump into the control box and trace the two hot wires up to a breaker or to a relay. If the wires go to a relay they're probably on terminals 1 and 3. Just switch them to 2 and 4. Be sure to switch off the breaker first. If the wires go to a breaker you'll need to pigtail them up to the relay that controls the filter pump circuit to terminals 2 and 4. You can check the relay by noting which one is activated when you push the filter pump button in service mode. There's a black tab that sticks out the underside of the relay when it's off and recesses when the relay is on.

GL!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.