Pump running but schedule is off and Screen Logic wont turn pool off

cjhud32

Sep 8, 2022
Sarasota, FL
I have one of my pumps, that runs the pool, set on an 8am-8pm schedule. Last night, the pool didn't turn off as usual. I tried to use the ScreenLogic app, and it did not turn the pool off. First time I have encountered this. The water features on a separate pump and the lights did turn off per their schedule, just not the pool. So as it sits, the pool pump is running 24 hours.

Pool company said that there could be a schedule set inside of the pump and that would override any changes that are attempted on the ScreenLogic app. But I wouldnt have set it - maybe they did when they were out to service it. But I now have no idea how to turn off the pump because everything I was taught was app based. Could anybody provide me some guidance? Does what they say make sense and if there is a schedule on the pump-level I would not be able to use the app? I am completely lost and not getting any answers from them.

Welcome to the forum.
Go out to the pump. Tell us what it says in the screen on the pump control.

Reactions: proavia
Pool company said that there could be a schedule set inside of the pump and that would override any changes that are attempted on the ScreenLogic app.

Your pool company has no clue how your automation works. What they said is a load of Bull Feathers. :mrgreen:

When your pump is controlled by the automation, nothing in the pump's schedules will override the automation.

Make sure the main panel's display says AUTO and either Pool or Spa. Then, as Marty has asked, go look at your pump and see if it says "Display Not Active" or if it has some other info, like RPM, etc.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: proavia
I have two pumps, one for the pool and one for the water features. Looks like the water feature pump shows RPMs and the pool pump shows display. Not really sure what any of this means because the pool company hasn’t shown me anything. It was more of a “here’s the app, good luck”. I’m assuming display not active isn’t a good thing.
B61A65DB-0414-431A-84BF-CB19484AE4EC.jpeg17DD983C-7AD7-4040-85FB-37879E9CC558.jpeg4B15E844-A1EE-4355-9BF9-F5E50CD13A9D.jpeg

Attachments

• 766AB2C0-EE67-416B-8C81-8ED36C19FB40.jpeg
    766AB2C0-EE67-416B-8C81-8ED36C19FB40.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 0
The pump displaying Display Not Active is being controlled by the automation. Pump showing RPM is not tied to the automation, at least not properly.

We will need screenshots from your ScreenLogic.

In your initial post you said the pool pump should run from 8 am until 8 pm, but that is not what is scheduled.

Your schedule shows that both pumps should run from 11 am until 9:30 pm.. ??

Please show us a pic of your whole equipment pad and tell us which pump you think is the Pool pump and which is the water feature pump.

99% of the time, people are having a problem getting their pump to run. I don't remember any issues with the pump not shutting off. Very odd. :scratch:

The pump that says "Display not active" is being controlled by the automation, the one with RPM is not.

How new is the pool?

Do both pumps have a control cable going into the side of pump's control panel?

Edit. Are you using Apple system? Under pumps, look to the > on the right side and see if clicking that shows you the pump speeds.

Thanks,

Jim R.

In your initial post you said the pool pump should run from 8 am until 8 pm, but that is not what is scheduled.

Your schedule shows that both pumps should run from 11 am until 9:30 pm.. ??

Please show us a pic of your whole equipment pad and tell us which pump you think is the Pool pump and which is the water feature pump.

99% of the time, people are having a problem getting their pump to run. I don't remember any issues with the pump not shutting off. Very odd. :scratch:

The pump that says "Display not active" is being controlled by the automation, the one with RPM is not.

How new is the pool?

Do both pumps have a control cable going into the side of pump's control panel?

Edit. Are you using Apple system? Under pumps, look to the > on the right side and see if clicking that shows you the pump speeds.

Thanks,

Jim R.
You are correct with the schedule. I played around with it today and changed it to 9:30 PM. But yesterday it was set for 8 AM – 8 PM and continued to run the entire night and didn’t shut off.

Brand new pool. And the build to me was a disaster and I don’t have confidence that they really know what they’re doing. The Pebble Tec guy told me about this forum and said it be worth it to go on here.

The pump that read the RPM is set for the water features. The one that had the display is for the pool. But both are supposed to be set up for the automation system.

Screenshots requested are below.

Attachments

• D8CAF2FF-46DD-4C15-B8F3-785FCA40E5ED.png
    D8CAF2FF-46DD-4C15-B8F3-785FCA40E5ED.png
    302.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 43876EC9-B12A-4984-A129-58A3293F2C57.png
    43876EC9-B12A-4984-A129-58A3293F2C57.png
    313.2 KB · Views: 1

We have heard of that some of the new IntelliFlo VSF pumps have bad Firmware for RS-485 failures where they have control issues. You need to get a Pentair tech out to look at them and if required install the correct F/W.

Have you pushed the "reset" button on the main panel? This is like rebooting your PC, it will not delete anything. Worth a shot.

It will shut everything off and might take 5 or 10 minutes for it all to come back up.

In your last screenshots, it does not appear that the automation knows the pumps are running.

If that does not work, then I'd shut off all the power going to the EasyTouch. Then I'd remove the control cable from the water feature pump (leave it off) then I'd turn everything back on. The reason for this is that when you have two IntelliFlo pumps, they have to have different RS-485 addresses. Disconnecting the water feature pump will make the system think there is just one pump, and the main pump may come back online.

Keep in mind that in theory neither pump should run unless you are in Auto and Pool or Spa, and the pump schedule is active (between 11 am and 9:30 pm)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.