Pump Run Times (too much?)

Feb 26, 2015
Austin
Hoping to get some input here. For 3.5 years (since it was built), my pump has been running on the same preset % and times that the builder set. I can't get them on the phone anymore to ask why those times/% were picked.

I have friends and neighbors with pools that say my run times/% are overkill. The pump currently runs from 8am - 5pm at 95%, then 5pm to 12am at 50%. My salt cell generator is set to 95% and my chlorine levels are always fine.

My question is, can I reduce the % and/or time? My electric bill has jumped considerably since the pump was installed and I'd like to reduce it if it's overkill right now.

If your CL levels are fine then you need the 16 hours a day of runtime for your T-15 cell to give you the needed CL. With the cell running at 95% you can not reduce the pump runtime without reducing the cell CL output.

We usually talk about VS pump speed settings in RPM and not %. You need to run your pump and maybe you can run it at less then 95% or 50% and still have adequate flow for your SWG. I don't know what your various water features need.

Post a set of test results. What is your CYA and FC level at?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.