Pump priming issue?

May 12, 2016
Katy, Texas
When my pool turns on it starts at 1600 rpm for 2 seconds then goes to whatever rpm I have set. Seems like a priming issue, no? Water is completely filled in the basket.

However, when I turn the valves to spa mode it primes like it should for 15 seconds.

Is this normal behavior or do I have an issue that needs to be addressed?

Mine is the same, sometimes it primes and sometimes it doesn't (no spa). There is some type of sensor in there that tells it whether it needs to prime or not. But, it doesn't seem to be consistent. And don't my pump is a bit below the waterline so the basket is always flooded and it never needs to be primed.

Mine is the same, sometimes it primes and sometimes it doesn't (no spa). There is some type of sensor in there that tells it whether it needs to prime or not. But, it doesn't seem to be consistent.

That's what I figured, thanks. I do see some bubbles coming out of returns so there is air getting in somewhere, but filter pressure and return pressure is on point.

Those bubbles are from the SWG.

Even better news, thanks.

cheers_law_and_order.gif

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.