Pump Pressure

shulk

Nov 5, 2015
Spring/Texas
Hi again guys,

So recently I replaced the pump relay (I'm only mentioning this because I want to make sure it's not a confirmation bias) and I noticed that the return jets are moving way more water than before. I mean now I can see ripples on the surface of the pool produced by the jets. Even the spa overflows more water into the pool now, it really looks like a pretty cascade whereas before it simple trickled water into the pool.

I have a 2HP WhisperFlo 011774 for a 15k gallons pool. My water pressure has always been between 18 and 20, even with a new set of filters.

So I guess my questions are: Is the pressure too high for my pool? I'm worried I'm damaging the pipes or something. And did replacing the relay the culprit of this new strength in my pump?

S,

I suppose the old relay contacts could have had some resistance that caused your pump to not have as much power to push the water, but I am doubtful that the relay had anything to do with the increase in pressure.

You did not say what your new filter pressure is, but unless it is really high, like 50 lbs. I can't see it hurting anything.

You just have a single speed pump right, not a 2-speed pump???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.