Pump power consumption

ZSK

May 29, 2012
I recently bought a T.E.D. (The Energy Detective) It's a device consists of three parts: a Measuring Transmitting Unit, which taps directly into your home’s circuit-breaker wiring; a pair of Current Transformers, which are clamped around the thick power cables coming into your home; and a Receiving Unit Display, which plugs into a wall outlet and displays real-time power usage in kilowatts — as well as dollars and cents. Anyway....

I just wanted to post the energy usage of the new 2 speed motor that I bought, because I thought it might help somebody in the future.

Motor: Pentair 356630S 2 speed 1-1/2 HP Motor Rated 3.0 amps on low and 8 amps on high
(It's my understanding this motor is used on the WFDS-4 Pool Pump Pentair Pump) I'm using it on a SuperFlo pump wet end.

Measured with T.E.D.

On Low Speed: 400 watts

On High Speed: 1,900 watts

A few examples below, the 2100 watts was the old single speed motor that I replaced. I should be saving around $55 per month with the new motor even with my low electric rates.

Hopefully this helps somebody in the future when upgrading or replacing a failed motor.

Attachments

• PoolPump1.jpg
    PoolPump1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 100
  • PoolPump2.jpg
    PoolPump2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 98
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.