Pump not working when switching from pool to spa mode

tfp_fan

Oct 27, 2020
Houston, Texas
I have a variable speed pump. It works when the system is on the pool mode. However, I noticed that it doesn't work when I switch the pool to spa mode. I checked the two valve actuators: they operates correctly and do switch from pool to spa mode when I turn on the spa mode. But the pump doesn't run and no flow on this mode. I tried and powered the pool equipment breaker off and on in our electrical panel in the garage, but it doesn'tolve the problem. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me fix this. Thank you in advance.

pump.jpg

fan,

What speed to do you have set for your Pool Circuit and what speed do you have set for your Spa Circuit?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Howdy @Jimrahbe. In my initial post, I had attached a print screen of my IntelliCenter app showing the pump setting. I am typing those information below this post again since not all the circuits are showed in that image. Those were set by the builder and I am not sure if the speed and flow settings are correct or the best ones. Please advise:
  • Speed Step Size: 100 RPM
  • Flow Step Size: 1 GPM
  • Minimum Speed: 850 RPM
  • Maximum Speed: 3450 RPM
  • Minimum Flow: 20 GPM
  • Maximum Flow: 140 GPM
Circuits:
  • Freeze: 1800 RPM
  • High Speed: 3450 RPM
  • Spa Waterfall: 1700 RPM
  • Pool: 1700 RPM
  • Heater: 2900 RPM
As you see above, I have 1700 RPM for pool and 1700 RPM for spa waterfall circuit (I assume this one is for spa since there is no spa circuit - right?)
Thank you.

fan,

You should have a Pool Circuit and a Spa Circuit.

It is possible that someone renamed the Spa Circuit as "Spa Waterfall", but it is just a likely that Spa waterfall is an Aux circuit or a Feature Circuit.

On an EasyTouch I can see the following page, which links Circuits and Circuit names and Circuit Functions.. I assume your system has to same basic page. See if you can find it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: tfp_fan
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.