Pump Motor Trips on Damp Days

johns6

Jul 2, 2014
round top, texas
This is a new thread relating to an older thread a year ago. On damp heavy fog days breaker trips on start up. As others suggested, I finally replaced the 20 amp GFCI breaker over the weekend. Today was damp and breaker tripped. Motor was replaced May of 2018 and this problem has existed since. Personally I feel that moisture is getting into motor> Any ideas?

John,

The motors are made to sit outside, but it could still be the motor.. All it needs to trip a GFCI is any moisture between GFCI and the pump, so if you have any connections in between, it could be any of them causing the problem.

Unfortunately, the only way to tell if the motor is the actual problem is to change it... ?

If the motor is connected by a whip, I'd want to make sure that moisture is not getting inside the flex pipe and running down into the power connection to the pump. Or that the connection between the whip and the pump is not leaking.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.