Pump/motor and I’ve about had it...

CavVet

Silver Supporter
Aug 5, 2017
Brownwood texas
Long story short: my motor/pump stopped turning. After taking it apart, I found that the seal plate bolts had rotted, allowing the plate to bind the impeller. I installed a new seal plate and re-attached the motor and subsequent wiring.
Matter filling basket with water, I turned it on and it sounds rough (very different than before problem) and I could swear I smelled electrical. The motor was getting hot as well.
I double checked the wiring and it is exactly wired as it was before.

Im at my wits end with this thing. Could the impeller be warped? That cone that covers the impeller be warped? Would either of hear cause the rough running? Would the run capacitor be an issue?
i had to wait over a week for these dang parts and now this.
Can anyone give me some guidance?
what should I do now?

- - - Updated - - -

I want to add that the impeller moves freely by hand from within the basket.

Thanks for the input.
the motor is only 4 months old...although i know that bearings can go out at any time.
my next step is to take it off the pump and run it without the impeller to see if that provides any changes.

A general rule of thumb regarding motors is, excessive noise AND excessive heat is almost always a result of the motor meeting resistance (binding)! Whether in the motor or pump can be isolated by separating the and running the pump alone. Sounds as though you are on the right track to isolating the issue. Once that is done, more advise can be gained here to proceed further.

Good Luck !!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.