Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-35
Hi TFP friends,
My fantastic 1-year old VGreen motor has been ransacked by salt water. It's connected to a Hayward SuperPump II. I think I discovered it early enough, thankfully. The motor still runs as expected. I have the full GOKIT3-SALT set of gaskets ready to install.

My question to the experts:
How flawlessly do I need to remove the salt buildup?

As you can see by the included PDF, I've done a fairly diligent job with a small brass wire brush and some steel wool in cleaning up the salt and the damage. Are there certain areas which I should pay extra attention to, so that the gaskets get a nice, tight seal? Any other pitfalls or watch areas I should know about?

It looks like both the shaft seal and the diffuser gasket had failed. Any tips to get them to last longer than one year?

thanks, friends,
Jason

Attachments

• Vgreen pump restore2.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
I would use some CLR on there. great job on getting the salt seal, the SCS is a little better seal but harder to find.... :)

Attachments

• Use-The-Right-Seal-For-Your-Pool-and-Spa-Pumps.pdf
    311.1 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.