Pump Keeps Re-Priming

Gary,

Pumps generally re-prime because they run out of water.. This is normally because...

Lower water at skimmer
Skimmer Weir stuck up

If that is not the case then you need to figure out why..

Look down at the skimmer and have someone turn the pump on.. If the water gets sucked out of the skimmer it has to be low water or stuck weir. It the water level in the skimmer stays the same and the pump re-primes, then move up to the pump end...

What inputs do you have for the pump? Skimmer, main drain , ???

Try starting the pump using only one input at a time and see if makes any difference... If not, then I would suspect a massive air leak preventing the pump from priming.

My initial "guess" would be the leave catcher in front of the pump. I suspose the leave catcher could be full and blocking the flow...

What happens to the water in the pump when it is trying to prime? What happens inside the leave catcher?

Thanks,

Jim R.

I checked the water level and skimmer. No issues. Water level is fine. Every time the pump starts each night, it reprimes and massive amounts of air comes out of in-floor cleaning. Usually, I only see this massive amount of air when I open the system to clean filters. Also, there are no water leaks around equipment. :unsure:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.