edmond,OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hey all. Been having a lot of air coming out of my return lines. And lots of bubbles in the strainer lid right before pump. I’ve replaced o-rings in strainer lid, drain plugs, new cartridge filters, new o-ring around filter, new clamp. Psi normally runs at 20 but now between 15-17. And still getting air return. Pump is pentair VS about 5 years old. Could pump be going out? Even checked around PVC pipe with soap. And tried dye around the skimmer. Can’t seem to figure out why my pressure is lower than normal after a good cleaning of filters. Even replaces bleeer tube assembly cause the screen mesh was cracked. I did use different filters than normal but was having the issue before repacked filter. What would be next step? Is it possible the pump?

Have you look for a suction side air leak in the valves and fittings leading into your pump?

Post pics of your equipment, pump, and valves.

Examine the pump basket area for any leaks or cracks.

Have you look for a suction side air leak in the valves and fittings leading into your pump?

Post pics of your equipment, pump, and valves.

Examine the pump basket area for any leaks or cracks.
Yes I have. Poured soapy water over them to see if any air was getting sucked in. Didn’t see any. May have to dig out some dirt to see if the pipe right out of the ground might have a crack. Thanks

Ok, so I have checked everything on that attachment except for the actual pump itself. I’ve replaced basket strainer o-ring, drain plugs on pump o-rings. Did the soapy water check around all connections. One thing I tried but didn’t do very well was food coloring in the skimmer basket. Recleaned filters although they are on discharge side. I can’t seem to find where there might be air getting in. Pump just won’t get to 20 psi where it’s always ran with no air intrusion. I’m attaching a few pics. If anyone has some other recommendations. Or maybe it’s the pump is finally going out but not sure that would mean air in the return lines would it? The two pics are my two nearest return lines from the EQ

Attachments

• 4672F8B8-D81D-48E8-8CC5-59C77EC50EC4.jpeg
    4672F8B8-D81D-48E8-8CC5-59C77EC50EC4.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 99C2F526-1DB4-4FCA-AAF7-6E4B179C84EA.jpeg
    99C2F526-1DB4-4FCA-AAF7-6E4B179C84EA.jpeg
    306.5 KB · Views: 1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.