Pump electric disconnect

Kaa

Jun 21, 2018
NJ
Most pumps are hardwired, but I'd like to to have a physical disconnect between the power center (Pentair EasyTouch) and the pump (IntelliFlo). It doesn't seem like anyone sells a outdoor weatherproof receptable for 230V -- the Hubbell Bryant kit for 230V is discontinued and they only sell the 115V version now. Can I just buy a marine-grade locking plug and receptacle for 230V (NEMA L6-20 or something like that) and connect things this way?

K,

Why not just use the Circuit Breaker inside the EasyTouch??

If you just want to turn the pump off, put the ET into the Service mode... Your pump will still get power but will not run unless you turn it on from the pump itself.

How often do you need to turn off the electricity to the pump??? I have never needed to remove the power to the pump????

Thanks,

Jim R.

I don't want just the ability to cut power to it, I want to be able to unscrew two unions, unplug the power cord, unscrew the bonding wire, and lift the pump out. E.g. for winter storage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.