Pump don't turn off

Yed

Apr 30, 2017
Fontana
Hi guys.

So I have a pool pump and Polaris remote.

The pump works fine. But when its on auto mode i can't get it to shut off even when the remote shows off...

When it's on service mode it usually turns off. But sometimes on service mode I hit pump off button and stays on.

Only way to stop it is pull the breakers

Heellpp

Yed,

I have no experience with your specific control system, but in general they all work the same.

For the controller to turn your pump on/off, you pretty much have to have a relay to control the power to the pump.

The first thing I would want to do is know if this relay is working properly. I would have someone push the on/off on the remote and have someone else listen for the relay to turn on/off at the controller.

If you can hear the relay turning on/off but the pump keeps running, you'll know that most likely the relay is bad.

Or if you can't hear the relay, then with the pump running when it is supposed to be off, I would tap on the relay with the plastic end of a screwdriver to see what effect that might have.

Not the whole answer, but it might help get you pointed in the right direction..

Is the remote connected to the controller by a cable or by an RF signal???

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.