Pump doesn't backwash anymore

ldragan

Jun 9, 2022
New Jersey
Hi,

I have an above ground pool and while vacuuming some heavy debris from the bottom of the pool the sand filter clogged very quickly. I backwashed three times but the last time no water or very low flow came out. The pressure starts around 10-12 psi and tops at 20 psi while filtering. I can still run on filter at around 15 psi but backwash is at 20 and barely spits water out. Normal pressure while backwashing is below 5 psi.

Looks like the backwash is clogged but I don't know how to clean it.

Thank you, I'm new to forums, I saw some good answers in this forum so I figured o give it a try.

It is dark already here but I've attached a couple of pics with the pump and filter.

I tried to backwash again and I got a good soaking. I left it on filter for about an hour and refilled the pool so maybe I got lucky and it's back to normal. I will reattach the drain hose and give it another try.

Thank you for your answer.

Attachments

• 20220609_215928.jpg
    20220609_215928.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220609_215902.jpg
    20220609_215902.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 5
Glad it cleared. Sounds like some junk got past the pump strainer pot basket and perhaps into either the pump impeller area or filter itself. Either way, good you have water flow again. If you have to vacuum a lot of junk from the bottom again, be sure to place the MPV on WASTE first so that the junk goes straight out onto the lawn. Have a nice weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.