Pump died - need replacement

Mar 31, 2022
Phoenix AZ
Current model ST1152 1.5hp single speed seized and is throwing sparks out its vent. I keep hearing variable speed is the way to go for energy savings anyway. I went to chain pool store and they recommended a Jacuzzi JVS270s 2.7THP at $1900 plus tax and labor to install comes to $2500 total. This seems high and I just wanted to check with folks here if there is another model/brand I should be looking at. My in ground pool is roughly 25,000 gallons, no water features, has a Hayward Aquanaut 400 vacuum and a Pentair sand filter. Location is Phoenix AZ.

Thanks

Reactions: jbs11
Current model ST1152 1.5hp single speed seized and is throwing sparks out its vent. I keep hearing variable speed is the way to go for energy savings anyway. I went to chain pool store and they recommended a Jacuzzi JVS270s 2.7THP at $1900 plus tax and labor to install comes to $2500 total. This seems high and I just wanted to check with folks here if there is another model/brand I should be looking at. My in ground pool is roughly 25,000 gallons, no water features, has a Hayward Aquanaut 400 vacuum and a Pentair sand filter. Location is Phoenix AZ.

Thanks
ST1152 is the model of the motor made by Century. Best guess is you have a Hayward pump, yes. ECM27CU motor, Century V-Green 2.7hp motor will bolt on and give you a VSP.

I had the same issue Sunday with a 1.5hp Hayward Super Pump. I am by no means a DIY'er. I can't do anything!!!!! I was able to mount a new motor on the wet end of my pump in a couple hours. I didn't get the V-Green VS but as long as it matches up its the same process.

Thanks for the tips! I'll be buying and trying to install the new motor mentioned above, but I'd like to know if there is any way to know if the wet end of the pump also needs to be replaced?
If the body is not broken (no cracks, etc.) all should be good. Those wet-ends seldom fail. All other parts (impeller, diffuser, lid, O rings) are replaceable if needed. All O rings and the shaft seal should be replaced at the same time as the motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.