Pump Anti-Freeze Tem

Mine was set to somewhere below 40 (38, I think), but I had one of the techs from the PB reset it to 41 because my equiptment is next to the brick on my house on the east side. This side gets full sun, the brick retains and radiates heat, and because of this the Omnilogic reports a higher outdoor temp than the actual temperature. With this being the case, the actual air temp was below 32, water temp was in the high 30’s but my pump was not turning on because the Omnilogic reading was over 40 from the radiant heat. It’s a little annoying that I have to have the trigger temp set so high but better safe than sorry.

Today is a perfect example of why I had the pool tech raise my freeze temp. The current temp outside is 58. It is a beautifully sunny, windy fall day. OmniLogic temp is reporting 65 degrees outside. That’s a huge difference when the temps are below freezing.

Thanks! My pool has been open longer than I would’ve liked. There was an issue with ordering the safety cover and it is supposed to come in the next couple of weeks. So, for the time being it is open and sucking in all of the leaves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.