Pump and Motor Wont Turn On, No Noise

Mar 10, 2013
So I woke up this morning and pump and motor were not on. The intermatic timer is working properly. When I manually turn the switch on nothing happens. Does not even seem likes its trying to turn on.

Any tips or time to replace pump and motor? Nothing was touched or changed since the time it was working.

The first thing to do is test to see if you have 220 volts (or 115) to the load Line side of your timer? It could be as simple as the main circuit breaker feeding the timer has tripped.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
The timer gets power from the line side.

The load side gets power when the switch closes.

Is there an on/off switch after the timer?

You have to check to see if you're getting power to the load side of the timer, then check for power to the load side of the on/off switch and then check for power to the motor.

Do you feel comfortable measuring voltage?

Do you have pictures of the equipment?

my pump and motor are both old so just going to pony up and get a new variable speed pump.

In replacing a single speed pump with a VS pump you should bypass the timer and continuously power the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.