puck feeder with ozone

Ricker

Jun 2, 2021
Toronto
Hi , new pool owner here. Pool company filled up my chlorine feeder with pucks containing stabolizer. Im thinking this is not a good thing as it will continue to add stabolizer until all pucks are dissolved. Im worried that once this happens my CYA levels will be well over max recommended levels. Currently my CYA reading is 23 and I have about 8 pucks inside. Am I going to go over the recommended max CYA level when all these pucks dissolve? I have a vinyl inground outdoor pool. Once CYA reaches a desired level (30-50?) should I try to remove and replace pucks with non-stabolizer ones? Is it even possible to remove pucks safely?

You need to have chlorine with a UV or Ozone system. This is why they put in a puck feeder (called an inline Chlorinator). Only use standard pucks in your Chlorinator - do not mix different types of chlorine in it. You can keep the pucks in until you reach a desired CYA level. It could be a slow process depending on how quickly a puck dissolves. A normal 3" puck will add about 3.3ppm of CYA for every 10k gals. You will need to go to Liquid Chlorine (added directly to your pool) in the future if you wish to avoid high levels of CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.