PSSD - Post SLAM Stress Disorder

madyogi

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
Little Rock, AR
Disclaimer - this is satire, no disrespect is intend toward anyone who has been affected by PTSD or any other similar illness.

Having just gone through a 30+ day SLAM with multiple issues, and finally having nursed my pool back to TFP status, I find myself displaying some odd psychological symptoms. Is there a term on this forum for the psychological condition that arises after an especially long and arduous SLAM Process? If not, I think it belongs in the next version of the DSM.

PSSD - Post SLAM Stress Disorder

Following the Trouble Free Pool SLAM process for longer than 10 days, especially when said SLAM process includes multiple fixes to pool equipment and/or multiple mistakes by the pool owner, may result in the pool owner experiencing PSSD. If you display three or more of the following symptoms, you may need to seek help.

• Pacing incessantly around your pool at random times even though the water is perfectly clear
  • Waking up in the middle of the night with a nagging feeling that you need to go check your pool filter’s pressure gauge before it blows up
  • Checking TFP forums every five minutes for updates on a thread that has been closed for days
  • Pricing and/or buying multiple bottles of bleach every time you find yourself in any store that sells it
  • Stealing baking soda from the back of your refrigerator to add TA to your pool when you know everything’s already dialed in
  • Falling asleep with your test kit because you don’t want to miss your window to perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test after you've already passed twice

Any symptoms missing? Anyone interested in starting a support group?

dbtgallery.php

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.