TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hey all !!! I had a few days off and this morning I saw several phishing texts on my Company cellphone. With the cyberwars afoot, the timing was, well, right on time.

One of them was the best I've seen in a long time from USPS. They were regretting to inform me that my package that already arrived would be returned if I didn't respond. (Good luck with that comrade)

Anywho, eveyone be more careful these days because they all arent littered with nonsensical threats. (y)

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Hacking Jonny Lee Miller GIF

• Haha
Reactions: newdude
Always good to be thinking about this stuff.

Had one yesterday that the subject was along the lines of "Order placed on 2/28; We are gonna lock down your Amazon account" literally minutes after I placed an Amazon order. For a second I gave that a slight consideration. That was the first time I've gotten one of those with an order date associated with it. However, I am going to keep up with my M.O. which is that's fine, they can lock down my account. When they do and I can't access it, I'll contact Amazon through one of the methods listed on their website to address it.

The only people that seem to be proactive with protecting my accounts is the credit card company, and that is only when it is the most inconvenient time to have it not work. $16k repair bill at the diesel shop, no problem, we'll let that one go through. $1.50 coffee purchase at a gas station on the other side of town, shutting this sucker down, your card has clearly been stolen.

--Jeff

The thing to remember here is that basically nobody is going to reach out to you to have you confirm things, either through phone or email. And if they actually need things confirmed, it will happen the next time you need to contact them.

--Jeff

'Peggy' trying to phish:

Please respond to this bogus email from corporate America.

'MURICA :
1_8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.