PSA: Toddler twins drown in family pool as mom says she was home-schooling older child

ajw22

TFP Expert
Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
A reminder as we start another fun pool season. Pools can be deadly. Never let your guard down even for a few minutes.

Drowning is the leading cause of unintentional death for children ages 1 to 4, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. There are nearly 300 drowning deaths of children younger than 5 each year in swimming pools, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

It boggles the mind how people commit to a million dollar plus over a lifetime to raise a family, spend tens of thousands on a pool, and not even $100 on some kind of safety measure.

It's not just toddlers, sometimes it's wildlife or pets, or even unexpected visitors (neighborhood kids).

:cry:

• Sad
Reactions: Mdragger88
All of my buddies who have pools where I live told me if you are not going to put an autocover on your pool don't get one. It was expensive but gives me a piece of mind particularly when we are away on vacation. No kids deciding to pool hop like we did when we were kids, etc. Not everyone can afford one but I don't think I would have put one in without it.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.