Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I just found out Dyson vacuums have 2 pre-filters and a HEPA post-filter. I have had my DC14 for over 20 years and never knew this! So I just ordered a replacement set. $15 for both from Amazon.

Any Dyson owners might want to check. The pre-filter is washable.

And, Wow! I just used the Dyson for the first time after the new filters and it's unreal. I can't even vacuum the kitchen rugs anymore because the vacuum sucks them in. It's unbelievable how much suction has been lost over the years.

I feel like an idiot for not knowing this. I've been actually cursing Dyson for the poor performance from the vacuum. 🤣🤣😂😂

Reactions: JamesW and Newdude
I tear mine down once a year for a thorough cleaning and hair removal. I have found all kinds of things lodged in the suction pipe below the ball. The most frequent are pens and dog kibble. I'm always amazed when I find stuff in there that the vacuum still worked good enough we didn't know.

I clean the cannister filter on my animal model every 2 months. The paper filter in the ball is always OK.

I just found out Dyson vacuums have 2 pre-filters and a HEPA post-filter. I have had my DC14 for over 20 years and never knew this! So I just ordered a replacement set. $15 for both from Amazon.

Any Dyson owners might want to check. The pre-filter is washable.

And, Wow! I just used the Dyson for the first time after the new filters and it's unreal. I can't even vacuum the kitchen rugs anymore because the vacuum sucks them in. It's unbelievable how much suction has been lost over the years.

I feel like an idiot for not knowing this. I've been actually cursing Dyson for the poor performance from the vacuum. 🤣🤣😂😂
It’s crazy how much vacuums have changed. I still have 3 upright vacs but bought a shark corded last year. 10 times easier to use and cleans a lot better.
I tried a cordless one I got off Amazon ( off brand one ) and it was good got a touch up but didn’t have a lot of suction.

OMG preach !!! We replaced our original Animal many years later but it still worked in a way we used it upstairs so then we had the upstairs Dyson and the downstairs Dyson. :ROFLMAO:
Exactly haha! We have a corded upright Hoover on the second floor and I never feel like using it because of the stupid wire. But we don’t have to drag anything up and downstairs anymore to vacuum.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.