Proteus DX3 - Robot not starting

okontsograda

Apr 26, 2023
Upstate SC
I've had a the robot for about 2.5 years and this past week it won't start up to clean the pool. When I plug in the power supply unit, everything lights up and works on the PS Unit itself, but the robot doesn't drive (all button settings for days, etc. seem to work fine). I took it apart and inspected the propeller to make sure it wasn't clogged, and everything with the robot itself seems fine. I tried looking at the voltage readings and here's what I found:

Cable reading from power supply: 119v (AC)
Power supply unit female output (on box itself): about 6v (DC)

So the fact that the output voltage is so low makes me almost certain it's the power supply. My question is, can I do anything to repair it myself, or am I getting in over my head? I'm a tinkerer/DIY guy, but I'm not sure what it would entail. What are my options here? Can I troubleshoot further?

Still no luck. I've taken apart the power supply to see if there's anything that sticks out as burnt or fried, but there's nothing that screams I'm the problem.

I can post pictures of the PS internals, if that would help. I just don't know which part would need replacing inside the actual power supply itself.

Reactions: Texas Splash