Pros and cons of trucking water versus hose fill

Do you have security cameras (or even a webcam) you can monitor the pool area? Or a trusted neighbor to check they come and brush every day? That first week is critical! Also, I'd leave a hose running during the fillup anyway so that you don't get a "tide line" on the new plaster if there's any length of time between subsequent trucks arriving with the water.

Hi, I just wanted to update everyone that helped me, I did get the water trucked in, it was worth it as it was HOT out. It was filled less than 15 hours before leaving for vacation, lol, timing was not good and I was stressed. However we found a friend of a friend to check on the pool and brush it every day and it looks perfect, just beautiful!!!! It is my dream pool (well color and tile, haha,I would add a waterfall in my true dream pool). I will will try to figure out how to add pics and start a new post so people can see the finishes.

Hi, I just wanted to update everyone that helped me, I did get the water trucked in, it was worth it as it was HOT out. It was filled less than 15 hours before leaving for vacation, lol, timing was not good and I was stressed. However we found a friend of a friend to check on the pool and brush it every day and it looks perfect, just beautiful!!!! It is my dream pool (well color and tile, haha,I would add a waterfall in my true dream pool). I will will try to figure out how to add pics and start a new post so people can see the finishes.

Yay!! And whew! I admit, I was a nay-sayer. But I'm so glad for you that it all worked out. And that you got your vacation, too!! Please do post those pic's!

And thanks for the update. So many visit, drop their bomb-of-a-problem, and then steal away with the solution, never to reveal the outcome!! It's like waiting for the fall return of that show with the season-ending cliff hanger, only to find out it got cancelled!! (OK, maybe I watch too much TV...)

Haha, that's funny, but I agree as my searches found a lot of issues I was having with no end posts, so I told myself I will update and post pics and clearly mark what my finishes are! Yes, the friend of a friend works for a pool company and lives 5 min away, she even took notes every day. I got SO lucky. She prob did a better job than I would of!

Great! Glad to hear it worked out. Definitely get some pictures loaded up here - BTW which builder did you use? We're in your area as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.