Properly Programming SolarTouch with VSF Pentair Pump

Jan 8, 2017
San Diego, CA
I recently had a Pentair VSF 011056 pump installed and connected to my Pentair SolarTouch panel. My solar system is on a two-story roof and is about a 450 sqft system.

I've noticed some odd things different from when I had my solar running standalone with a single-speed pump previously.

The pump turns on as scheduled and starts with Program 4 at 2850 RPM (54 GPM). The SolarTouch panel says "Solar Hold" and the actuator doesn't move until after 5 minutes and then turns on. The pump then switches to Program 2 at about 2400 RPM (36GPM). After another 5 minutes or so the actuator moves to the off position even though it hasn't reached the target temperature. Sometime after that, the pump will bump back up to Program 4 and start all over again. I can't seem to get it from bouncing back and forth like this. I thought at first maybe there wasn't enough flow, so I bumped Program 2 to 2850 but that didn't help.

Another nuisance is that the pump display shows "Display not Active!" every few seconds as I'm trying to program it. I know this is because it is attached to the SolarTouch system, but is there a way to disable that so I can run through the menus.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.