Proper location for new SWG

The CircuPool control panel says my salinity is 2600ppm but the Taylor K-1766 drop test says 3200ppm. I take that to mean the CircuPool control panel is inaccurate?

(EDIT: Now the control panel says 3350 ppm. Weird.)

Reactions: HermanTX
It probably builds an average over time. The circupool systems look to me to be almost a clone of the Hayward ones. There will be times during high production that it may estimate low. Over time, it should get more accurate. But always cross-check with the Taylor test before adding salt.

It probably builds an average over time. The circupool systems look to me to be almost a clone of the Hayward ones. There will be times during high production that it may estimate low. Over time, it should get more accurate. But always cross-check with the Taylor test before adding salt.
There is an average salinity and a current salinity on the control panel. It was the current salinity that was reading low. But when I left that part of the menu and returned to it, the number started drifting upward so maybe it needs a little time to calculate

I just want to thank you guys for your awesome guidance and input. Everything is in harmony, my chlorine production perfect, and I am fine tuning my water balance, which is near perfect. I didn't see this coming together before I leave for the UK for work, but now I can leave with confidence and made it easy for my wife to monitor the water balance and make adjustments while I am gone. If I could buy you all a round of beers I would!

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
One last question: how long should I wait to test the CYA after adding quick dissolve dry stabilizer? Can I test in an hour or two or should I wait a day?

Wait at least one day.
Thanks. Mine is reading 70 now with the Taylor test. At least the dot disappears at 60 so I am calling it 70. I am going to get a water analysis at my pool store to double check because I don't want to accidentally go over 70ppm. One thing I do find that is accurate and consistent from their test is the CYA, as well as the borate. It usually confirms what I am getting from the Taylor test. All the other levels I trust the Taylor kit over their readings, which can vary greatly from my readings.

Thanks. Mine is reading 70 now with the Taylor test. At least the dot disappears at 60 so I am calling it 70. I am going to get a water analysis at my pool store to double check because I don't want to accidentally go over 70ppm. One thing I do find that is accurate and consistent from their test is the CYA, as well as the borate. It usually confirms what I am getting from the Taylor test. All the other levels I trust the Taylor kit over their readings, which can vary greatly from my readings.
You have done the CYA correctly by going to 70.
I have found pool stores are the worse at CYA testing - but that is in my area. Some test it electronically which may take some of the subjectiveness out of it.
Regardless, remember that stabilizer takes some time to dissolve and mix so don’t be surprised if there is a little difference if you just added stabilizer and you did your test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.