Propane tank handle won't close

RobHudson

Aug 25, 2020
Philadelphia, PA
First time I'm trying to close the pool myself. I'm attempting to shut off the propane tank for the spa heater. The handle will not budge. And now that I think about it, I've tried to tighten/loosen that handle myself in previous years with no luck. Is there some sort of easy trick to getting this turn off that I'm missing? Does the fischer control valve have some magical off switch that I'm not aware of? Thanks.IMG-1745.jpg

That tank has wa-a-y too much deterioration in my mind. I would loosen the compression nut where the regulator connects with that valve and get a new tank........trading that one in.

As Allen said, use some Channellock pliers or a small pipe wrench to help get it started. Then it should close.

The propane tank valve has a backseat and some people turn them pretty hard in the open direction in order to seat them and that makes it kinda hard to get it to start to close.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.