Propane Grill recommendations requested, good build quality, good value.

Our Weber Spirit propane grill has lasted about 10 years (only grill in the spring/summer). Looking for a new grill in the 2 or 3 burner size range, would prefer stainless steel. The grill will stay outside and uncovered most of the time. New Webers seem expensive, but are they really that much better than the competition?

We are open to all brands, want good build quality at the best value.

Thank you.

In the case of Weber, I definitely think you get what you pay for. I still have a gas grill from 2003 going strong.

Recently, I’ve been looking at Napoleon grills, although I think they are in the same price range as a Weber.

I just bought a larger version of this Coleman grill. I don't know why I won't fork out the money and get a weber but I'm always on the lookout for a grill just as good for less than half the price. Now these were lower price a couple months ago and combined with ebay coupons this one was about $279. Mine the xtr4 was $349. I guess buying before the season affords some deals. Still I love how well these were thought out, they have scales to detect propane fullness, hooks and shelves built in everywhere to store anything you might think of having handy near a grill. The grill is stainless vs cast iron and makes for easy cleaning plus seems to be the most even heat I've ever had in a non weber grill.

I noticed vminnovations has a $50 of $500 if you get the xtra4 and some new grill tools that would be a pretty good deal for $450

We have a 15 year+ Weber Spirit. Got if free 10 Years ago because a the mild steel cooking grates were rusting our. I found online and added Stainless Flavorizor Bars $20-30.00 for the set BUT check your length. Also got the stainless steel cooking grates. It was like a new Grill. The SS parts make it is like the Summit or Gold versions (except the size). Spirit burners are already Stainless. If cost is a concern you might go this route. We have have this Grill out side and never covered is works flawless every time. The only maintenance is to wire brush the burners IF they get clogged or corroded and once changed the igniter. Just a thought.

Weber hands down. Yup they’re pricey, but you get what you pay for. I have the new genesis 2, and I love it.
Had the genesis 1 for 5 years, and when we moved, sold it for $250. Take care of it, and it’ll last you a long time.

Weber is the way to go. Mine was out of warranty and I called about the bottom of my firebox warping so bad the top would not close. They sent a new firebox, flavor bars, and all new SS burners. I could not believe they did that as it was out of warranty. I also appreciate they are made in the US and parts are readily available. I have a SS Genisys with a NG hookup. I have inadvertantly left it uncovered and it got rained on. This is some high grade stainless steel as it has never had so much as a rust spot. Still looks and cooks awesome after 8 years and will last many more. I have replaced my home range twice during this time. The only grill I would buy other than the Weber is a Tec but they are too pricey for my budget.

I have a Weber Genesis. It's been outside, no roof and uncovered for about 4-5 years in MD so a good bit of rain/damp/snow over course of a year. Very pleased with how it's holding up. I HATE using a grill cover so that's why I spent the money, in addition to the other benefits. Not disappointed so far.

I got a HD special from a buddy last year as he was moving and couldn't take it. I think it's in the $350 range new. I had it a year and the grates are already splitting with rust and the flame protectors are almost shot. Ya get what ya pay for in this instance. The five year plan is to sock away enough cash for a Lynx. I'm pretty sure I suffer from the dibilitating shiny grill syndrome.

We just purchased a new Broil King grill this year and absolutely love it. Broil King grills are all made in the USA right along side the high end Webers ( some Webers are now made in China). I feel you get more for you money with the Boil King vs Weber so that is why we went for them. They don't spend as much on advertising so you don't hear about them as much, but in my research I found lots of happy owners.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Its not a cheap grill by any stretch but I picked up a Broil Master grill as part of my pool/deck project budget a few years back and it is an awesome grill. The upper and lower housing are made of 1/4" thick solid cast aluminum and have a lifetime warranty. All internal parts are stainless steel including the grates which are solid 1/4" stainless round stock welded together, also a lifetime warranty. The stainless burners are a 10 year warranty.

The company is in the USA and has been in business for a few decades. If you ever need replacement parts or accessories they are easy to find and get.

After a number of Home Depot grills that rusted and fell apart after a few years this will be the last grill I ever buy.

Agree with everyone about Webers -- they are by far the best grills I've ever owned, but admittedly expensive. I had a Genesis Silver for 15 years, left outside the entire time. Best grill I ever owned. After about 12-13 years I found some rust on the frame and they sent me a new frame for free (back then frames had a lifetime warranty, don't think they do anymore ...). Bought new flavorizer bars and grates over the years, but everything else worked perfectly until I sold it on craigslist for $100. Only reason I sold it is b/c I found a Weber Summit on clearance at Home Depot for 70% off ... Took some getting used to, but I'm loving it now.

At the pool, I have a built-in Blaze. I've been pretty happy with it, too. Doesn't have the bells and whistles of the Weber, but pretty similar in build and cooking quality. It's only 2 yrs old, though, so no opinion on longevity.

:shock: A Summit for 70% off? Why can’t I find deals like that!! :rant:
Lucky little bugger!! :)

LOL. It was a special order that apparently was never picked up. I saw it on my way out, took a pic, sent it to the wife. By the time I got to the truck, I thought, "You idiot - if you don't go back and buy it now, it won't be here tomorrow." Turned around and went back in. As I was checking out, wife texted back: "Buy it, you idiot!" Cashier didn't believe the price was real and had to call over a manager. $2100 grill for $640. It's really nice, too -- has a sear burner, smoker box, rotisserie, lights -- like grilling on a Cadillac...

Only problem is that it's made to be a built-in (no side shelves), which means I eventually have to build a counter surround for it. (First world problems.)

Only problem is that it's made to be a built-in (no side shelves), which means I eventually have to build a counter surround for it. (First world problems.)

Oh poor thing you, let me see if I can shed a tear........ Nope!!! :laughblue:

In all seriousness, nice score on that one. That’s a serious grill that should last you for years!!
:cheers:

We have a Saber. Great grill, super solid construction. I'm talking heavy...entire grill is heavy, lid is heavy, grates, etc. Good company too. They stand behind their stuff. Had a recall on the burners. They sent replacement parts for just about all the internals including the side burner. The entire side burner unit was replaced (every last thing hanging onto the side of the grill), not just the burner. With 4 burners I've been able to use it for light smoking duty with an after-market smoker box. Would have been nice to have a built-in. The only part that doesn't get a 5 star rating is the built in thermometers for each burner.

Never cooked on a Weber.

Still happy with my summerset grill which came with my kitchen. I have replaced some parts and also purchased extra parts at a great discount:cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.