Prologic programming issue with new Tristar 950 VSP

parkee99

Mar 2, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Just purchased and had a new Hayward Tristar 950 VSP installed last week. I have a prologic board(G1-011049e-1) running main software 4.20. I had this board replaced 9 years ago under warranty as it was originally an aqua logic. I have an aqua logic display. After install, I was only able to run my pump at 2 speeds through automation. After speaking with tech support and the installer, I was told I would need a Prologic local display to run the pump with 4 timers/speeds.

I found one for sale locally along with a similar prologic board(G1-011049f-1) as mine with a main software version of 4.30. Both the aqua logic and prologic boards both show the option to run 4 timers/speeds on the used system I just picked up. However, both displays don't give me that same 4 options when hooked up to my pool equipment, just 2 speeds. I really don't want to swap out the boards. I really bought this system to have backup parts and use the new local display/front electrical box panel to have more control over my pump. Any thought or help is greatly appreciated.

I have the AquaLogic board and displays and although you can set the two speeds to anything you want (% of full speed), you still can only have two speeds (high & low) for pool programming. If you look through the ProLogic manual, it looks like it only supports two programming speeds as well but again, those speeds can be any % setting.

The SPA can have different speeds though so if you don't have a spa and associated valves, you could use those settings as additional speeds.

But really, you should not need any more than two speeds anyway. I use one speed most of the time. I can see high speed for the in floors and low speed for everything else. What did you need another speed for?

I live in Arizona where we get these horrible afternoon duststorms. Just want more control with the timers and ability to run full speed to do a quick clean up to remove the dust/dirt. Currently running about 80% now as my high speed.

Screenshot_20180804-202918_Gallery.jpgI finally found a document that shows the firmware updates. Looks like I need at least 4.3 to get the additional timers/pump speeds.

Do you have spa? If not, you can just use the SPA mode with a group function as the 3rd and 4th timer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.