Prologic Panel - Winterize / Cover?

Jun 12, 2012
Installed a Hayward Prologic for our above ground pool this year. Now I have the pool winterized, covered, pump and multiport are inside, and sand filter is covered.

I removed the display panel from my Prologic panel and brought it inside. I'm wondering if I should cover the panel over the winter? We have a long, cold, and snowy winter here in Northern Ontario.

My only concern about covering it is having moisture trapped inside over the winter.

Thanks.

Post a pic of the panel showing the environment it is in.

Depends how you cover it and that the cover does not become a nest for critters.

Post a pic of the panel showing the environment it is in.

Depends how you cover it and that the cover does not become a nest for critters.

It is on a 4x4 post, in our yard, 6' from fence line, no trees over top or around it. I have a piece of plywood over the top of it right now (temporary until I decide how to make a nicer cover).

I don't see any issues with critters, if I cover it, I am concerned about moisture though. I know it stays out all spring/summer/fall in the rain, but not sure about winter/snow/freezing.

Thinking more about it now, maybe I should build a plywood box (without a bottom) and put it over the Prologic. That way, it protects the panel from the elements, but will not trap moisture and allow air to circulate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.