Programming intelliflo to be overridden by solartouch

Apr 28, 2017
Murrieta
Hi all. I got my new pump and controller in, but operating them seems more complicated than installing them, Haha.

I have a 18000 gal pool. I set the pump schedule to use speed 5 (1250 rpm) from 6pm to noon, just to keep the water circulating. I set it to use speed 6 (2100 rpm) from noon to 6 pm, to run the chlorinator. I set up ext control at 2500, so when solar turns on, it ramps up to go up the 2 stories for solar, but also keep the chlorinator running. Seemed like a good first attempt, and I could fine tune as I go...

I kicked it off at 8 am today. It ran at 1250 after priming. So far, so good. Solar kicked on around 11 am. Went into solar hold and ran speed 3 (I think) at 3150 rpm. It stayed there for quite some time. I checked again at 1230, and the solar was on, but now was running at 1250 rpm again... I tried to over ride it, but it kept going back to 1250.

I turned off the solar, and it went back to speed 6 (2100 rpm). Weird. I left it there for now with solar off, so at least my chlorinator is running. Anyone have any idea where I went wrong?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.