Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I highly recommend the IntelliPH! If you don’t have automation and are a DYI kind of person, a generic container and pump is certainly cheaper. But, if you’re like me and have Pentair automation already and battle high PH, get it!

I have a new plaster pool (finished March 2019). I told myself I would wait a year until I decided to get it, letting the new plaster fully set in. But, after months of every 2-3 day acid pours and 4 or so stains on my coping (despite being careful), I decided to go for it!

Life changing (ok, a bit dramatic)!!

I know you’re not supposed to chase a perfect CSI, but I’m consistently sitting at .09 to -.09 without much work! BOOM!!!

Anyway, for what’s it’s worth, I recommend it.

Jim,

I don't need one, but kind of want one... if you know what I mean.. If I get one, I will not connect it via the IC40/60...

Tell me what happens to your TA after a month or two??

Thanks,

Jim R.

In my opinion, the number one mistake that people make when using an automatic pH controller is setting the target pH too low.

I would recommend that the pH be set to 7.8 or 7.9.

What is the target pH currently set to?

The intelliph does not measure pH. It just adds the amount of acid mixture you say each day.
Ok, that can be helpful for people who have high TA and high evaporation.

Even though the unit doesn't measure pH, it's still important for the person to use a target pH that's not too low.

If someone adjusts the feed rate to try to keep the pH below 7.8, the TA will usually go too low.

jimbethesda

Yep, I'm with you. Love the iPH so far after 9 months of using it.

I have my IC-60 wired in series with the ipH controller. No problems so far.

My pH lives at 7.7 continuously and TA has remained constant between 70-80 and my CSI also remains pretty constant around -0.10 to -0.20.

I do have to make adjustments of course to the dosage percentage throughout the year as temps warm up.

Right now, I'm dosing at 75% @ 11 hrs pump run time but that will start to decrease more and more as the weather begins to cool down.

Once the water is about 60 degrees and below over the winter, I'll just dose manually through the ipH, like I did last winter.

I agree, the ipH has made my pool MA dosing a whole lot easier now!!!

r.

I need to look into this!
I am having to add MA every 2 days and it's a pain because of all the leaves and cover that I have to clean-up and remove before dosing. It takes a long time and I can't get to it until late evening after work so this IntellipH could be very helpful!

I am debating getting the Iph. My installer is against it. He said he has had lots of trouble with them.
Any advice on if it’s worth it. I add MA regularly. It’s not hard but you have to stay on top of it.

How does it play with EasyTouch, ScreenLogic, IC20 or 40?

@Jkbr78781014
I am debating getting the Iph. My installer is against it. He said he has had lots of trouble with them.
Any advice on if it’s worth it. I add MA regularly. It’s not hard but you have to stay on top of it.
I found the IntellipH to work as advertised. I never had a problem with it in almost two years of using it.
Only you can decide if it is worth it. It was for me while I used it and I'm still using the acid tank and peristaltic pump that came with the unit.
I just moved on to something different that would dose predicated on a pH value and the IntellipH will not do that.
It is a "time/quantity" based dosing device.

How does it play with EasyTouch, ScreenLogic, IC20 or 40?
It's not controlled in any way by the automation. You set the dosing parameters at the IntellipH Controller.
It is specifically designed to work in tandem with the IntelliChlor.
r.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.