Problems with Polaris P39 Sport

Jun 23, 2018
Spring, TX
Ok here goes. We have had this cleaner for the last 4 years. I never read the install steps and adjusted the hose lengths. This is running off a booster pump with a direct wall connection. The booster recently went out, so while replacing it I decided to make the necessary adjustments to the cleaner to run properly. I cut the hose to the proper lengths, hooked everything back up. Now, the pressure relief valve is pushing water out, the tail is whipping around, but the wheels are not turning at all. I have tried turning it all the way up on the climb, turned the tail down as low as it can go.

any thoughts on what could keep the wheels from turning at all? The backup valve also hasn’t kicked in at all since I put it all back together.

Edit: I removed the restrictor plate from the side port, same situation.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a blockage in the hose. Did you disconnect the hose at the cleaner and see you have flow through the hose?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.